Hello I am Vincent! I am a PhD candidate at McGill University with the Department of Civil Engineering, starting from Jan, 2021. I work with Prof. Lijun Sun on spatiotemporal modeling and machine learning. I received my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Transportation Engineering from Central South University in 2017 and 2020. My master’s research was about human mobility and complex network.
A Glimpse of My Work
Here are some reading suggestions to some of my papers that may worth your time reading. I won’t call them selected publications as they are not necessarily from flag journals. Nevertheless, you can always check my Google Scholar for a complete list of my publications.
- Enhancing Deep Traffic Forecasting Models with Dynamic Regression: This work addressed the independence and isotropic distribution assumtptions of the residuals of traffic forecasting models.
- Understanding Coupling Dynamics of Public Transportation Networks: The literature review is a good start if you are interested in multiplex network theory and transportation. If you are also interested in using smart card data for trip reconstruction, the methods part might give you some help. You don’t have to read the results part, as they are simply region-specific analysis.
- I received the FRQNT B2X Scholarship from Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQ), a package of C$77,000, 2022
- I received the McGill Engineering Doctoral Award (MEDA), a package of C$111,000, 2021
- I was accepted by two PhD programs at UW Seattle and McGill, 2020
- Outstanding Graduate of Hunan Province (Master Student), China, 2020
- National Scholarship for Graduate Student (China), 2018
- Outstanding Graduate of Hunan Province (Bachelor Student), China, 2017
- National Scholarship for Outstanding Students Majoring in Transportation Engineering (China), 2016
- 1st Place Winner, National Competition of Transport Science and Technology (China), 2016
- TA, CIVE 542 Transportation Network Analysis, Winter 2023, McGill University
- TA, CIVE 319 Transportation Engineering, Winter 2022, McGill University
Mitacs Accelerate Intern
July 2021 - Nov. 2021expretio.com
Project: Adaptive multi-horizon models for probabilistic demand forecasting